Covenant Community Health and Wellness Center is empowering our community to ensure wellness by promoting self-management of health. We can help you navigate the health care system, educate you on your health challenges and work together to set goals for a healthier you. We provide the tools and resources for our neighbors to make an impact in their own health and wellness.
No appointment needed. Just walk in 9am-2pm on Tuesday or Thursday for a FREE health screen and wellness plan with our Registered Nurse.
In addition to the services at the wellness center, Covenant also offers a food pantry, clothes closet, and computer lab.
CCHW gives you access to:
- Accurate health information and education from an RN
- Help setting up appointments with doctors and dentists
- Free Fitness Classes (Walking Club, Tai Chi, Silver Sneakers, Strength Training, KC 2-Step and Line Dance)
- Free Health Promoting Classes (Diabetes Class, Chronic Pain Workshop, Cooking and Nutrition Class)
- Healthy Meal Preparation with Nutrition Lessons
- Community Engagement (Community Garden, SE Youth Coalition, Nutrition Ambassadors)
- Social Connection with your neighbors
- A convenient community location in a handicapped-accessible building
- Health risk assessment and screenings;
- Education For participants with physician-diagnosed conditions such as hypertension, high cholesterol, and diabetes, the nurse can teach about the basic disease process, chronic conditions, treatments, modifiable behaviors, and medication management.
- Wellness Plans and Goal Setting— We can help you set-up self-management plans with goal-setting and action steps so that you can be successful in meeting your health goals.
Need a doctor? Our staff can help you arrange an appointment with a provider of your choosing.